Because I am so far behind I will try to make this brief and because, frankly, I probably don’t remember all of the details anymore. I do remember what a welcome relief Spring Break brought us, though. We really enjoyed our time.
The kids enjoyed chocolate bunnies among other goodies during the week from their Easter baskets.
Sleep! No alarm clock! Even the kitties were grateful to have their favorite people around to snuggle with any time they felt like it.
We got ready for baseball’s Opening Day… a very big deal around here. We warmed up a little outdoors with some T-ball action.
Tristan was pitched to… the backyard is WAY too small for this young man. But it’s got plenty of room for a grill. What’s baseball without a hot dog?
Hot dogs just in time for spending the afternoon watching the Cincinnati Reds.
Kaitlyn was goofy with one of our favorite treats… black olives.
Thursday that week we took a daytrip up to John Bryant State Park. We brought a picnic with us to begin the “eating out” season along with some sweatshirts and we had a great time hiking.
They are not kidding… there are many steep drop offs.
At the beginning of April it is not too green yet… winter hasn’t wanted to give up easily this year. The temperature makes hiking very comfortable and off we went along the trail.
The camera doesn’t do the scenery justice. Tristan was happy he’d worn two sweatshirts.
More scenery over the side of the steep cliffs.
Haley didn’t get the memo to wear something red! Kaitlyn didn’t get the memo to line up in birth order! Here is my crew on the trail.
More scenery on the edge…
As we travel lower down into the gorge there seems to be more to investigate. Nathan brought a flashlight for just this purpose.
A cave that you are invited to go and investigate. The kids have been waiting to take advantage.
Tristan loved his cave adventure.
Eventually they all emerged with various stories to tell.
Our descent continued and we could see up close the rushing water that we’d been hearing all along the trail in the distance.
Nearly to the bottom.
Some beautiful views of woods and water.
Friendly birds.
Cute brothers enjoying their time together.
It’s amazing… If we had taken these pictures just a week later things would have been really greening up.
These three love being together too.
Evening on the water’s edge… time to hike back up and make our way home.
I decided to take some of the strawberries I had in the freezer still from last year and make some jam. Initially I thought I had more than enough jam after I made raspberry jam last year… I was wrong. With only a few jars left and a few months until the next fruits on the vine I was glad I didn’t have to buy any jam to continue making lunches. I think we’ve turned into food snobs!!! The kids really prefer homemade jams over anything at the store. I don’t mind making it and it is much cheaper. Win! Win!
And there was the seemingly never ending homework for my older kids to work on. Lindsay got encouragement from Scruffles and Spooky. Encouragement in what??? Living a stress free life, I’m sure. And Lindsay could use their example. With spring break over we got just a taste of what we’re really waiting for… SUMMER!
















No comments:
Post a Comment