April 27th, 2013 was the annual Daddy Daughter Dance at Fairview with a 1950’s theme this year. Rick was SO happy he was getting to go again. He missed the one year when he didn’t get to go; after Lindsay was done at Fairview but before Kaitlyn was in school there. So Rick is set for the next seven years… but after that he’ll have to get past it.
Kaitlyn wasn’t too sure about going to a dance with her Dad this year… let alone for seven years!!!
We got out an old pair of saddle shoes someone had handed to me 11 years ago. They fit Kaitlyn just right. Then I got out a cute poofy skirt that Kaitlyn’s cousin had sent her that was the right style. I added a poodle patch I picked up at the Craft store with a coupon and we were on our way. Really cute!
Then there was the hair… easy enough although it was higher than Kaitlyn prefers under normal circumstances. And I added a ribbon from my box.
All ready for her Daddy-daughter date this month.
With her Dad in denim and ready to go she was feeling shy first, and then brave until he gave her “that grin”. I assured her that her Dad is a lot of fun at dances… he and I met at a dance 19 years earlier so I guess I should know. And with a promise of Graeter’s ice cream on the way home she forgot all of her trepidation and went off excited with a smile on her beautiful face.
















Heather,
ReplyDeleteI just have to tell you how much I love reading your blog! I love how wonderful you make life seem, being thrifty and resourceful. I really miss living close by and I know that after all these years Abbey still misses Lindsay or is it with an "e"? Either way, how much fun would it be for them to be taking horse riding lessons together? Anyway, just thought you should know how much it brightens my day to read about your life.
Jenny
Hi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking in... I enjoy reading all about your adventures on fb. And what an adventure you are having this year!!! Lindsay still loves Abbey, of course. They were so young I think Abbey was her first real friend. However, I think Lindsay would admit to being just a little bit jealous of Abbey being in Germany right now. She had hoped to go to Germany after studying German for so many years but she's not going to earn enough money in time and we were discouraged at having to be a host family for a German exchange student as part of the whole process due to the size of our house. :( Maybe she'll serve a mission there in a few years! Anyway, thanks for letting me travel vicariously. Have a great day!
-Heather