A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Monday, September 23, 2013

May Day!

DSCN7700DSCN7701

Lilacs graced our table in MAY for the first time since I left Rochester. 

DSCN7703DSCN7704

They were in full bloom out in the yard, a little later than usual this year in this region.

DSCN7702DSCN7707

The grass turned a techni-color green once again and we celebrated May Day with the annual cake.

DSCN7705DSCN7706

I’m not sure exactly how this got started but I remember my Grandma Erickson making a May Day cake several times when I was a little girl and it was served out in the backyard.  I don’t think the kind of cake is as important as the fact that it must have a hole in the middle for the violets freshly picked from the yard.  I like to make the buttercream frosting a shade of purple.  My kids remind me every year of this traditional May Day cake they don’t want me to forget.  I may think of my Grandma but my kids think of me making this cake.

DSCN7709DSCN7710DSCN7712

Scruffles kept an eye on the fairy garden.  As our tulips bloomed we kept our eyes open for some to share and brighten teachers desks.  Happy May Day!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, how charming is that fairy garden?!? And the cake is beautiful! Yum!

    ReplyDelete