Happy Valentine’s Day!
The day began with a bouquet of flowers at 7 a.m. … along with the 4 gallon milk run on the way home from Seminary. I made heart shaped sandwiches for the lunch boxes, slipped in Valentines napkins and “sweet” messages. I embarrassed my 9 year old son with this and Haley almost dropped the heart out of the middle of hers when her friends made the heart shaped discovery before she did.
Kaitlyn, Nathan and I worked hard baking sugar cookies for Valentines for the big brother and sisters. Decorating was fun and Nathan went berserk with the sprinkles more than a few times.
Tristan came home with his decorated bag stuffed full of Valentines. He’d brought a variety of store bought cards for each class mate but one girl named Zoey… who received a homemade heart shaped Valentine from him. According to Tristan he “might” be married to her now after a silent conversation that involved holding up conversation hearts. After taking a look at this bag in the later hours of my day I’m sort of afraid.
A Valentine surprise arrived in the mail from a special someone … and Valentines created for my sweetheart were enjoyed with milk and conversation hours after kids were in bed and MY homework of checking assignments, proofreading research papers and folding laundry was finished. Valentine’s Day was enjoyed by all!
















I volunteered in Bug's classroom on valentine's day and was wonderfully surprised at how the kids still thought the lovely dovey stuff was gross... I am sure it will change in the next couple of years. But for now, I like that girl's drool and boys rule.
ReplyDeleteAwww, Porter's Valentine card made it on your blog, how sweet! I'm glad they enjoyed it. We had fun making it together. Valentine's Day was way more fun with Porter this year, not only can he do more, but I didn't get thrown up on at all (as opposed to last year).
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lot of fun on Valentine's Day too! I like all the sugar cookies. We did that as well, but they weren't nearly so creative. You have a very nice variety to select from, yum! I like the sprinkle enthusiasm! And we did heart shaped sandwiches too!