A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Happy Father’s Day

A few things about Father’s Day stand out as really great to me. 

First, my kids are fortunate to have a great Dad who cares about them and loves them very much.  He puts their needs ahead of his own, spends time with them as much as he can and is one of their best role models.  I married a good guy… the one I was looking for and my children benefit.

Second, I got to talk to my Dad over the phone on Father’s Day.  No pictures but always a treat.  I miss my Dad.

DSCN5579

A few more things about Father’s Day… Our youngest son MADE his Dad a tie and proudly presented it to him.  Rick was not the only Dad sporting one of these goodies at church. 

DSCN5580DSCN5594

In season, cream filled strawberries with chocolate drizzle made the perfect outdoor evening dessert.  Yum!  They were SOOOO good!

Finally, Kaitlyn and Nathan sang for Rick; the funniest rendition of an all time favorite of mine called “Daddy’s Homecoming”.  This started because Kaitlyn would not get up in Sacrament Meeting with the other children and sing to the Dads.  Rick told her that singing to him would be the best Father’s Day gift she could give him.  But she still would not get up.  So I told Kaitlyn that if she wanted some dessert that night she needed to sing him a song at home.  She agreed.  Nathan ended up hearing Kaitlyn sing this so many times that he learned the whole thing all from her… well, sort of!  -Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment