“Believe” captures the month of Christmas on so many levels. Here is a little bit of what went on during the month of December that I haven’t previously touched on.
Haley was honored at evening of “Young Women in Excellence” for having earned her Young Woman Medallion earlier in the year. This is the equivalent of a boy earning his Eagle Scout. I must add that Haley is completely self driven with this and got very little help and no push from me. This is all her.
Oscar learned what an exciting month Christmas is at our house.
Tristan donned a Santa hat for his Orchestra concert early in the month.
One night when I was down at my craft area working on a Christmas gift I had two cats riveted to the workbench area of the basement. They never caught anything on this occasion but they were obviously keeping an eye on something. Should I have been nervous? I like having kitty company downstairs, especially as the hours grew late.
They were certainly keeping their eye on “something”. And Sara finally found another feline friend after all these many years. She and Oscar get along pretty well although this is about as close as she’ll let him get. They are often socialize without growling these days; a real change and a nice one for Sara.
Kaitlyn got dressed up for the theater and attended “Santa’s Workshop” with her Kindergarten class. Apparently her “new”ish shoes with heels (shopping in our basement at the last second for some that fit) were all the rage with the girls that day. Spooky seemed to be counting down the days on the advent tree on the table along with us and Oscar just took it all in.
There were Christmas movies to watch and blankets to huddle under as temperatures dipped. And for the cats there were birds to watch from their kitchen perch.
And even more excitement… we got to take Brownie home for the 2 1/2 week Christmas break. He’s the Kindergarten classroom pet (one of them… I didn’t trust us with a bird for obvious reasons). Several cats were enthralled or at least curious about this new critter crawling around.
Christmas surprises showed up on the doorstep in brown boxes from faraway family making Christmas anticipation grow even greater. And as days shortened and evenings wore on for more dark hours we enjoyed a few candle lit meals at the table together when schedules allowed.
And this was December.
















No comments:
Post a Comment