A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Memorial Day and My Birthday

We celebrated both at home… Rick was preparing to go to China in just a few days, some of the younger kids were already missing him and so we wanted some quiet family time.

DSCN7819DSCN7820

Grilled corn, deviled eggs

DSCN7821DSCN7824

the best baked beans and stained glass jello

DSCN7823DSCN7825

Grilled burgers and hot dogs

DSCN7826DSCN7827DSCN7828

We enjoyed our space on the deck and out in the yard.

DSCN7829DSCN7830

DSCN7832DSCN7833

For dessert there were red, white and blue cupcakes that looked prettier than they tasted.

DSCN7834DSCN7835

Spooky found a comfy perch.

DSCN7836DSCN7837

The kids wanted me to make a birthday cake for myself so they helped. 

DSCN7838DSCN7839

I tried a ghost cake and I decided I really like it in cupcake form only.  The kids said I should have a balloon cake and I like how it turned out.  I love being creative for the kids but have a harder time with just myself.  I like their ideas.

DSCN7843DSCN7844

Before Rick left for China he surprised me with flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment