A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Monday, August 23, 2010

Flutter-by

DSCN0173 DSCN0172

I watched this large, beautiful butterfly out in the backyard with my children this evening for more than 10 minutes.  It was completely unafraid of us and fluttered around the yard like a bird.  Nathan thought it was magical as it kept flying around him in the garden or in the sandbox, making him smile with delight.  We have seen a great many butterflies around the yard in recent weeks.  They love my flowers; honeysuckle, butterfly bushes, petunias, impatience, blackeyed susans, phlox.

DSCN0178 DSCN0181

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather (and all of the family, too!) I really love reading your blog and looking at all the pictures you post - thank you for sharing them. Your children are so cute - it's really fun to see them.

    AND that kitty in the bathtub is quite amazing!! Isn't that quite unusual for a cat? I also love that the kitty likes 'to do laundry'! It's never dull at your house is it?

    Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete