A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dance Party Thursday

This morning Rick left very early for a meeting at work leaving me on my own to get a lively household full of children out the door and on time to school.  Too bad he missed this one.

As I went about my morning routine, I had just finished helping one child study for a social studies test today when I started heading upstairs just before 8 a.m. to get Nathan moving along so we could have family prayer and scripture.  He wakes up before then but typically enjoys observing the activity upstairs while I get a few other things done.  It’s like a beehive in the morning up there.  I was halfway up the stairs when I realized that the music blaring from his bedroom was NOT his own and I had seen all of my other kids downstairs already at various stages of preparing for school.  Instead I walked into the bedroom to find a very happy Nathan dancing, and I mean DANCING, to “Party in the USA” that someone had turned on for him!  He was having a good time.  What entertainment for a one year old!  I still haven’t figured out who did that.

DSCN0280   DSCN0281

I had a good laugh and figured that at least he wasn’t screaming or bored. 

I do think that later children “grow up” a little quicker than the first ones do.  Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment