A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Outdoor Joys

Unlike many Moms that I know or have watched, I am a Mom who believes that children are washable!  Children who get a little dirty are usually happy and usually learning something and that is their job.  They are not “untidy”; just messy.  This morning we headed into the heat of the morning for the express purpose of having a little fun.  Getting a little messy was implied.

DSCN0219DSCN0221

 DSCN0220 DSCN0228

DSCN0222 DSCN0223

DSCN0225 DSCN0226

DSCN0227DSCN0231

 DSCN0229 DSCN0232

With sand between the toes, under armpits and of course in the hair these two kids headed inside for a bath before quiet time.  Nice clean children are ready to head to open house at school tonight with me playing single Mom of five children since Rick must also be at open house “on the clock” at his own school tonight.  That left me to choose which of my children’s schools I will attend and I figured that Rick is already representing our family at one school “sort of” and I would head in to meet the teachers that neither one of us knows yet at the other school.  Choices!  I do the best I can.  Why can they not make this easier?  Now it’s time to go rinse the sandbox from my bathtub!  It’s worth it for all the fun we had.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be one of those moms... I didn't want Greg to get his clothes dirty or his shoes. I was constantly trying to keep him out of the mud or on the pathway, blah, blah, blah. It wasn't until we were at Stoneybrook one time and I was trying to keep him clean that I realized it was no fun for him or for me! At that moment I decided I was nuts and let him go crazy! Of course before that I would allow him to get messy when he was dressed in just a diaper, but it was not fair for me to try to keep him clean when he had clothes on too. Good thing I figured it out when he was just a toddler, and it was a good learning experience as he is now a big kid who still enjoys getting dirty. The only times recently that I get upset is when he is wearing good school clothes and he gets grass stains on them (because he has clothes that he can wear that he is allowed to get dirty in). I came up with a resolution to that as well.... I told him that I will no longer stress myself out trying to get grass stains out, so if they bother him he can clean them. Ha!! I've noticed that he is a little more conscientious of what he is wearing when he purposely dives across the lawn!

    ReplyDelete