Blue Ballerina Girl
Jungle Bird Werewolf
Banchee Cute Clown
My Children were resourceful at putting together their own costumes again this year. Most of their pieces came out of the costume/dress-up box in the attic with the exception of Tristan who didn’t like his choices apparently. He gathered his personal spending money and bought himself a mask and a set of teeth from “The Pumpkin Patch” at school for a total of $1.50 and was happy. The clown costume on Nathan is one that I made in 1998 when Haley was a year old and it’s been worn for 9 Halloweens full of parties and trick-or-treating since then; fitting each child when they have been 1 and 2 years old. I chose the clown costume originally because my grandma had made me a red and white striped flannel clown costume with wonderful homemade red pom-poms down the front when I was about that age. I’m sure somebody must have a picture of that somewhere but I remember seeing that costume for many years after that on my siblings so I have fond memories of little clowns at Halloween. I have loved putting a new version of this costume on my own five little clowns.
Happy Halloween time!
















No comments:
Post a Comment