I took Kaitlyn and Tristan to see the Wizard of Oz this past Saturday. (Lindsay had attended the night before with her grandparents and Aunt & Uncle so I could have a babysitter for Nathan). It was a fantastic show… so much fun… and Kaitlyn was at a perfect age to enjoy this magically done musical. Tristan couldn’t stop singing the Winkie March for two days solid. Of course it was fun to see Haley on stage too. We all wished we could go see it again. But with all that said, I’m glad that it’s over. I may have a husband back now… and Kaitlyn missed her Dad TERRIBLY, not to mention the other children. (Kaitlyn’s imaginary friend Charlotte comes visiting from inside the mirror this time every year and they have long conversations about missing Dad). Maybe best of all is the fact that I don’t have to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to do somebody else’s hair in bouncy ringlets that barely stay long enough for me to finish the job before hairspraying it to death. Bordering rediculous, it was sort of crazy trying to manage getting all the kids ready and getting them to school after Haley and her Dad left when I’d spent an entire hour with a curling iron on one kids hair. Haley HATED having her hair done on top of that. And neither of us was thrilled to be facing that task at such an early hour. We both felt we had far better things to do with our time. We were not good company for each other. Rick looked at the whole scene as a preliminary warm up for getting up earlier for seminary starting next year (for 16 or 17 years straight, I might add). I adopted a line from the movie “Eloise”; “But what could be more important than her hair”? Haley passed the time with homework packets since she was out of school all week… mostly geometry or reading a novel, both of which she could sit still for without grumbling.
She was very pretty but next time I hope the “do” is simpler… maybe a wig???
















No comments:
Post a Comment