A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Edible Artwork

Meet Vesta; the Roman Goddess of Fire!

DSCN4461DSCN4462

Meet Lindsay’s mosaic likeness of Vesta on the face of a chocolate cake. 

I think Lindsay did an incredible job with this one since I know I could not have replicated it this well with candy and nuts.  And since the cake had to be somewhat fresh and she would not have time on Family Night to make it she made this all by herself over the weekend and was the only one to turn it in a day early… for TEN extra points.  The kids in Social Studies all enjoyed a piece of this cake and one of the questions Lindsay fielded  was how many boxes of cake mix did it take to make this.  The class was floored to learn that this did NOT come out of a box, she made it alone and that the frosting was made of butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla.  YUM!  She did not get too many compliments on it, however, until the following day when four other cakes were brought in and tasted.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lindsay!!! Great job and so clever! And it made me want to make a chocolate cake (or at least EAT one!!!). YUMMMM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am very impressed! And not surprised at all by her baking skills and the tastiness of the cake. I just wish I had been there to enjoy a slice. Although, wasn't she sad to cut into it and share after spending all that time decorating it? I don't know if I could have allowed that. Thank goodness you got a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete