SCPA opens new theater with 'Oz'
The link above is to a Cincinnati Enquirer article about our first major production at the new SCPA. I am the vocal director for the Wizard of Oz this year... and this is one of the first times in a number of years when I am not playing keyboard in the orchestra pit. I get to watch the show! :)
Haley is a munchkin schoolchild in the show. She is actually one of the tallest munchkins - but she doesn't seem to mind and she is really enjoying being in the show, dancing and singing.
In addition to the flying in the show, we are also using pyro... i.e. indoor fireworks when the witch appears. Pretty cool if you ask me... but I will let you know how the K-3 students react to the really loud bangs!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















WOW! What an amazing theater you have to work in now! Very impressive! I assume that you are enjoying it and taking full advantage of everything it has to offer. Any video of the munchkins?
ReplyDeletexoxoxo aunt Barb