A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dapper Boy

Tristan is on his way to the Symphony at Music Hall with the entire second grade at school this morning.  Lindsay had a turn yesterday to go.

DSCN0499

Neither child was happy about being told to dress “appropriately” for the symphony but the school also encourages a dress code so their friends usually dress up too and makes it a little easier on the kids.  Tristan decided he could not contest the “church clothes” any longer and ended up thinking long and hard last night about which tie to choose with which shirt and made his own decision on “suit coat or sweater vest”.  At the last minute I found him with sneakers on!!!  I didn’t mind that for taking the recycling out; one of his chores this week.  Then he tried telling me his black shoes were lost but I told him EXACTLY where to find them and there they were!  He looked very dapper walking out the door this morning, though I’m thinking that it’s about time to hunt down a suit coat in a larger size.  Giving my secrets away I will tell you that this suit coat is a $60 suit coat from The Children’s Place which I bought with the tags still on, at a second hand for $8 a few years ago.  I know some people would still find that expensive but I think it’s great.  It’s brand new!  I love to find great deals.  It is how I afford to nicely clothe all five children on a single income.

No comments:

Post a Comment