Kaitlyn was so EXCITED Wednesday morning and told me as soon as the kids left for school that we had to hurry and get ready to go outside. “I can’t wait to go outside and play. I just can’t wait”! I told her I had a few things to do first but she was persistent. She just couldn’t wait… as she had stated so I asked what the huge hurry was. She told me in a huge whisper in the most expressive face ever “because it’s SNOWING”. I had to smile. Indeed it had been snowing for the past 15 hours (they warned us at church as the snow fall began the previous night) and it hadn’t quit even yet. So I assured her that we would get our coats on shortly and go outside in the yard. Kaitlyn told me that “we need boots and scarves and hats and mittens and SNOWPANTS too”. I looked out the window once again and assured her that we did NOT need the snow pants. (I usually reserve hunting for the hand-me-down snow pants for the extreme occasion of a snow day). Judge for yourself.
I thought mud pants and mud boots might be more appropriate actually since the ground was quite mushy-squishy from all the recent rain.
I heard Kaitlyn excitedly call “Mom! Look!”
She was so proud of the snow ball she made and warned me that she was going to throw it at me!!! She did!
It is still snowing during our outdoor time. It looked pretty but I don’t think you can see it in the pictures. I think you really need a microscope to see the flakes which for me doesn’t count as a real snowfall. Growing up in Michigan and Upstate New York where they don’t bat an eyelash at the snow we receive here annually when they get it overnight, I have a hard time getting too excited about this “snowfall”. As a side note, I got woken up by one of my older kids before 7 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving who brought the announcement to my bedside that it had snowed and I should come and look out the window. I told them I would see it later and I was not disappointed with that decision when I LATER looked out. On occasions like this I still feel like a foreigner, even in my very own home.
















No comments:
Post a Comment