On the left is the first day of school back in mid August last year. On the right is a picture of the kids today on their last day of school (yes, Kaitlyn is still in her P.J.s). I can see that they’ve each grown up a bit in these past 9 months. Haley is headed to an 8th grade awards assembly, Lindsay to Field Day and 6th grade picnic walking up to Mt. Storm, and finally Tristan has already spent the week having a pizza party, a walking trip to the local ice cream parlor with a lesson in economics of work = money to spend how he wishes and is now just waiting to find out his 3rd grade assignment after watching movies, he tells me. Summertime! We are all looking forward to a change in pace though I’m not sure if having them all home lightens my load or not. My schedule does ease up, however, and that is a relief.
Lindsay made a tie dye shirt last week at school which all her friends will sign today. The words on the front of her shirt translate to this idea – “It is too bad- the time is over”. It makes me reflect on the fact that the time is indeed passing… these children are growing up. And I guess I’m getting older too. At the beginning these years seem to stretch out as if they will go on forever. Then suddenly the day is here and it is time to move on. There is an end. I see that they are actually growing up and won’t be here with me forever! Successful parenting and time passing… bittersweet!
















No comments:
Post a Comment