Kaitlyn turned 5 years old on January 5th. I cannot believe it has already been five whole years since her arrival to our family. She is a very special girl and I just love her so much. I already know that I’m going to miss her tremendously when she goes to Kindergarten in the fall. This is how we celebrated Kaitlyn’s special day.
Kaitlyn was excited to make her carrot cake which she has been talking about for months. She can practically bake this herself these days. She cracked the eggs by herself, poured in oil and added her dry ingredients.
I greased and floured pans and got the cakes into the oven. Scruffles showed up to check out the curiosity of balloons. You should have seen her surprise when she got the balloon off the wall herself.
After an afternoon with a nice sunny walk, playing games, reading stories and watching a short movie for quiet time everyone began coming home from school for the celebration. The kitchen was decorated for the occasion and we gathered at the table for Kaitlyn’s dinner. She chose the menu herself of hot dogs, cheese puffs, applesauce and pickles which we all enjoyed with her.
Then came presents and a package to open which arrived in the late afternoon with Kaitlyn’s name on it.
Kaitlyn and her brothers had been playing with balloons while I decorated the cake.
Kaitlyn opened her cards and hung them up on the door for display. She’s getting taller for sure.
Nathan turns anything he can into a boat and amuses himself since the gifts are not for him unfortunately. Kaitlyn was excited to unwrap her five year old girl and place her carefully on the shelf and then she found clothes! Wonderful clothes!
A pretty dress with leggings that everyone loved the colors of and jewelry from her big sister.
A “Fancy Nancy” game and then disappointment that there aren’t more clothes!!! Then she was excited because the gift ended up being a really cool interactive set of books with a “magic” pen which helps teach reading and writing skills. Tristan was even interested in this package.
Haley gave Kaitlyn a book and materials to make a purse… Haley didn’t get the reaction she was expecting!!! Silly silly kisses!
And Kaitlyn got four craft books which she is very excited about.
One more gift was found in a brown box with a huge beautiful bright pink bow. The boys attacked the bubble wrap while Kaitlyn found some “Fancy Nancy” pajamas and a Fancy Nancy picture book inside the box from her Grammy & Pops.
Kaitlyn also got another long sleeve dress with leggings. And a little time was spent with the new TAG books and her Dad while I put the cake together.
Here is Kaitlyn’s cake as I was putting it together… I will include its story in my next post. I think it turned out pretty cute.
















No comments:
Post a Comment