One lucky little girl had her 2nd visit from the Tooth Fairy last night. Kaitlyn woke up yesterday morning and after a few minutes found me again and said “I think I’m missing a tooth”! I took a look and sure enough… there were no bottom front teeth at all!!! So the hunt began for the missing tooth which fortunately was easily found right in her bed on the sheets . Phew! Now, usually I’ve been a little more prepared for these loose teeth but I’ve been finding myself a little behind with things lately… maybe because I’m never alone for about 18 hours out of my day. I knew this little girl needed a special tooth fairy pillow and NOW! If you are to buy a special Tooth Fairy Pillow you can pay anywhere from $5 to $45 dollars; most falling somewhere in the middle of that number. So I set about searching through my scrap bin yesterday afternoon to see what I had on hand. As I was tucking two little ones into bed last night Kaitlyn realized she hadn’t asked to borrow anyone’s Tooth Fairy Pillow so she knew she was left with no option but to wrap her special tooth in a tissue . Would the Fairy still come? How would he/she know? Could he/she find her? Clearly this was a big deal! These and more were questions I needed to answer and I told Kaitlyn that a tissue would most likely be fine. Try it and see what happens. As soon as I got children into bed last night and before the older ones came home from their activities I got right to work. My husband kindly folded the clean diapers when he did get home and in about an hour (a little more to pull out basting stitches from the ruffle) this is what I came up with using all scraps from previous quilts. I even found one scrap with the perfect dimensions to make a matching ruffle for a pillow this size, it turned out, and I was thrilled.
This is the front of the pillow … This is the back with a tiny lace trimmed pocket.
This morning Kaitlyn cheerfully came down the stairs exclaiming that her coins were found inside of the tissue she had put her tooth in but the tissue was found in a tiny pocket of a brand new Tooth Fairy Pillow which the Tooth Fairy must have brought. It was like magic!!! Kaitlyn was quite pleased with the delivery of this gift… so was I.
A cute girl with a new smile AND a new Tooth Fairy Pillow!
She has NO bottom front teeth at the moment
















LOVE the pillow!!! Are you coming over to recover a chair or two in patchwork??? Congratulations to Kaitlyn!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I think you should join the Grandmothers' Attic crew and create some more beautiful patchwork fabric furniture! I LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteIf I could figure out furniture recovery a little bit better I'd start w/ my own living room. My Grandmother's Attic couch & love seat have seen better days after 5 1/2 yrs. ... they really probably belong in a formal living room and not a "family room"... but they're "shabby chic" at this point and I still LOVE them.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have a whole baby quilt made (for the girl I didn't end up having because I had to be prepared either way) just like the front of the pillow. Rick, however, says he's still waiting for his queen size quilt... THAT is down a ways on my list of quilts to make, however.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet girl! And what a cute Tooth Fairy pillow! so much excitement at your hose, isn't there?
ReplyDeleteXoxoxo auntie Barb