There is only one cupcake in our house for two reasons. First I am incapable of making easy cupcakes from a box. I’ve tried and they are not easy. They are bricks every time and so I quit trying those. Second, these cupcakes are so good that anything else that would come out of my oven would be a disappointment. And so these Ghost Cupcakes are the ones I make not just for Halloween but for kid’s school birthday celebrations as well. I just add sprinkles on the top. Lindsay has gotten people offering her more than a dollar each when she would have “extras” or when she takes one out of her lunch from her siblings birthday. Haley brought a baker’s dozen yesterday to share with friends in her small singing group and at her lunch table. When she returned home she informed me that I have about 7 marriage proposals on the wings. These cupcakes are THAT good! Ironic since Rick jokingly claims that he married me for my cheesecake.

They are named “Ghost Cupcakes” because there is a “ghost” inside of them and because of that they usually make an appearance around Halloween. When Lindsay was little she wouldn’t eat them because she was scared of seeing the ghost. We thought she was crazy and now she would agree.

Nathan ate his through the top yesterday and when he’d licked the frosting gone and eaten out the center he said “Mom! Look! No more skeletons”! I just thought that was cute and funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment