First I had to settle the children down long enough to take their pictures. They were quite excited.
Friendly spider Purple spider ballerina Joker
Taylor Swift (different view of hair in second picture) 80’s chick
And Tristan took away a costume prize; not bad for pulling together his costume from the attic earlier that day and putting it on over his PJ pants. It is an old dance costume that his older sister wore for a recital.
Then Tuesday October 30th we carved some Jack o Lanterns. Actually just Rick and Tristan did it. Awesome looking! Tristan’s is the fierce looking one!
I finally caught the whole group of them right before I took them out to fill their candy bags and buckets. Kaitlyn bought herself a pumpkin bucket at the school’s annual “Pumpkin Patch” just because she likes pumpkin buckets so much.
The friendly spider again! He is “friendly” so I wouldn’t be scared of him.
Purple spider ballerina, this time with a black and purple spider mask she made herself at the Kindergarten Halloween Party.
Tristan the ghost changed his outfit all together. That way he didn’t have to “decide”.
Taylor Swift! Since it was raining the guitar got switched out and Lindsay carried a horse with her instead.
And my 80’s chick with the wild socks over her pant legs, her high pony tail off to one side and blue eye makeup. Yeah, we made our own fashion statements. The shirt is authentic from 1986 too! I got this for my 16th birthday and it was one of my favorites. It came out of a box and into the dress ups several years back for 80’s day at school! Now I know what my Mom felt like when we had 60’s day in High School every year.
After the coldest, wettest Halloween we’ve had here, thanks to Superstorm Sandy, the children were very grateful to return home, regain feeling in their extremities and eat some of their goodies. Happy Halloween!
















No comments:
Post a Comment