For more than 100 years, people have been climbing the beautiful marble staircases up to the balcony of this school building’s auditorium to watch and listen to its students. We treaded up the grooved, worn staircase one final time, attending Haley’s Orchestra concert before the school district moves this school to its new 71 million dollar facility, leaving a neat old building behind.
Much of the time I attend these school functions as a single parent so I claim to have a “seating chart”. My spot is always the last row in the balcony where we are slightly less disruptive and less obvious (except when one of my young children yells out “Hi Daddy! That’s my Dad.”) I can also stand up to bounce babies to help keep them quiet while I stand directly behind my other children to try and keep them in line. If all else fails, there is an “escape hatch” or EXIT directly behind me. My friend usually meets me up there with her child and we help each other out.
She knows where to find me every time.
For Orchestra concerts, however, I have a husband! However, I don’t think he wants to switch places and be left in a quiet auditorium with 4 kids to keep quiet by himself!!!
Haley plays in Orchestra 3-A and is completing her 8th year of violin. She began playing in Kindergarten and is in love with it now.
We are pleased with her progress and glad that she is finding joy in learning this instrument.
Please forgive some of the “camera bounce”. It takes more talent than we’ve got to hold a wiggly 11 month old while filming!!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment