Nathan is probably the child of mine to receive a haircut at the youngest age. He simply had more hair that grew earlier than my others did. I love baby hair with that “never-before-cut” look. However, people were starting to mistake Nathan for a girl and his hair was getting a little hard to keep tame so I figured it was time. With Tristan I didn’t know how much change a simple hair cut would bring on. This time I met the hair cut with a little more hesitation… almost with mourning over the loss of my baby’s babyhood.
On Saturday October 23 Sarah gave Nathan his “little boy” haircut. She has been cutting my children’s hair for 9 years now and she is great. She is so nice and she has lots of tricks up her sleeve for even the most challenging of haircuts.
We put the apron on him and Nathan wasn’t so sure about what we were up to. He didn’t cry but he did try to get away from the scissors repeatedly by quickly turning his head.
He got to sit on a frog for his haircut and watch Scooby Doo while Sarah snipped and clipped. Checking out the frog helped.
At the end of it Nathan was very happy to receive his own balloon; and it was orange like the pumpkins he is so fond of spying when we take walks.
He’s still my baby, of course, but he looks so much older all of the sudden… more like a little boy than a baby. His cut sure looks cute on him, I think.
















Very cute cut, don't worry, he still looks like a baby, just with a dashing new do.
ReplyDeleteAnd Porter gets mistaken for a girl ALL the time!!! I might as well just put his long hair in a ponytail on the top of his head like I always joke that I should do to keep it out of his eyes.
What a sweet boy! He looks adorable!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo aunt Barb