A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Friday, December 17, 2010

Snowfall

DSCN0608

Hopes are up for a white Christmas, which around here the statistics state only happens once every 11 years.  Put that into perspective when you think that a white Christmas comes around once, possibly twice in your entire childhood.  How sad!

Are you impressed with our snowfall?  Well, you should be.  The kids had the day off of school yesterday when I took this picture.  We broke the previous record that was 104 years old of 1 inch for the date.  It snowed 3.83 inches yesterday, so I think that record will remain for a while.  Quit your laughing.  I’m totally serious!

We are not expected to get above the freezing mark for the next 7 days and see more snow coming next Tuesday.  We are hoping for it and are keeping our fingers crossed that Santa will be able to land his sleigh on the roof-top this year.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not laughing, but you are too funny!! (Okay, maybe I'm chuckling just a little bit!) it has been sooo cold here, too. I think your current snowfall of nearly 4 inches will be a hard one to beat for a very long time!!

    We have some snow that fell last weekend and it is snowing a little bit now. Of course, you expect snow in Michigan, but not so much in Cincinnati.

    Your picture is really very pretty - would make a lovely Christmas card. Stay warm and Merry Christmas to all of you!!

    xoxoxo

    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete