This year I have not one but two young ladies who need to earn money to pay for a week at Girls Camp. Paying for one girl is a bit of money but with two girls needing funds at once we decided that fundraising would be a priority. Haley and Lindsay both earned money babysitting but they still had a good portion of money left to go. Every little bit would help and so we decided to see what we could earn at the very last fundraiser before the money is due; a dessert auction.
Each of my girls brought four things to auction off. Some of the cookies were made the weekend before and then stowed in the freezer. The rest of the baking got left to me since they were at school and homework is layed on pretty heavily at this time of year. The girls made some fancy labels Thursday night and I packaged them up for sale on Friday. Rick took them to this event in the evening as I stayed home with a sick child.
First we have the “Hands”-Down Best Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Next are the “Awesomelicious” Pumpkin Bars made with roasted pumpkin and delicious cream cheese frosting.
These “Some-Bunny Special” butter cookies were individually wrapped and packaged in an Easter basket. These cookies are fairly labor intensive with putting the colors together and shaping them. I usually make these once a year for the children to give their teachers at Easter time. They decorate the faces.
Plates and baskets, each with three dozen “Just-the-Best Chocolate Chip Cookies” were packaged. Platefuls of “Black Magic” Ghost cupcakes with chocolate buttercream, a secret recipe and family favorite were wrapped up. I used leftover bits of scrap booking paper, cuttings from brown paper bags and pictures from an old calendar for the labels along with saved ribbons and strings of raffia for packaging. It was kind of a fun project… but quite a bit of work. And my kitchen was a wreck by the time it was all said and done with. The proceeds from these 8 packages of goodies combined with the shared proceeds from concessions of donated goods plus the babysitting money gave my girls the money to foot their week at camp with an additional 56 cents to spare and donated to someone else! And since that was my goal we are pleased with the results. -Happy Camping
















Just curious but how much money do you have to raise to go to Girl Scout Camp?
ReplyDeleteGirl's Camp is part of the Young Women at church and so I think the price may be offset already by that simple fact. This year the price raised $10 for the new and improved cost of $120 per girl... totally worth it however. Lindsay will be a first year and is very much looking forward to this experience with her friends. Haley will be in her 3rd year. I loved going to Girl's Camp as a teenager... very fun while spiritual at the same time and I didn't cause too much trouble too often. I'm glad that my girls have heard my stories and have this opportunity for growth and to make their own memories.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Lindsay is going to be a first year! She will have so much fun. My 3rd year was when we went to Sharon, VT for camp and that was a neat experience. I remember doing fundraisers just like this. It was a lot of fun. Those desserts look so pretty and I know for a fact that they are all yummy. Have fun camping this summer!
ReplyDelete