A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Tail of Two Kitties…

Spooky and Scruffles are both kittens at opposite ends of the spectrum.  Spooky now weights 11 1/2 pounds at 10 months of age.  Scruffles is between 6 and 8 weeks and weighs 1 lb. 2 oz.!!!  They seem the unlikely pair but they just love being together and they both love to play in the same manner with the same toys.   Scruffles follows Spooky around everywhere and they play around the doors, one on either side, peeking and batting at each other.  Scruffles pops out at Spooky at every opportunity and tries to pounce on his tail.  Spooky tries very hard to be gentle during their playtimes together but I do sort of have to keep an eye on him… he’s just so much bigger.  I kept them separated the first time we all left home.  But yesterday I got home from the orthodontist and found them together in the middle of living room rug curled up asleep together.    Spooky is taking very good care of his little Scruffles after all.  I think they are forming a special bond.

.DSCN1491DSCN1492

I think Scruffles is already bigger just since Saturday.

DSCN1493DSCN1499

DSCN1487DSCN1495DSCN1498

Tristan finally got a chance to hold Scruffles the other day before he left for school.  He was patiently waiting for Kaitlyn to hand her over.  Kaitlyn is never done with this kitten.  She even took her for a ride in the basket of her doll stroller next to another baby doll.  Rick enjoys cuddling with her after work as well.

DSCN1488DSCN1489

Scruffles loves to toss around and bite the little Christmas mice I made.

DSCN1500DSCN1501DSCN1504

Scruffles eats tiny amounts often and I always have to put extra out for Spooky who now thinks he still needs kitten food often as well.  Scruffles plops herself in Kaitlyn’s lap at every opportunity.  I think this kitten, though young, has been nicely socialized.  She is very sweet and very well behaved.  We had to chuckle as we noticed her routine of putting herself to bed at night and not getting up out of her box until morning as soon as the light comes on.  We wish all of our human children were that well behaved. 

DSCN1502DSCN1503

These two love the companionship of one another.

DSCN1505DSCN1506

Scruffles likes to curl up in the sunny kitchen for a morning nap in Samantha’s old bed or right next to the refrigerator on the warm spot.

DSCN1507

Nathan has a real sense of humor these days and informs me all the time when “that’s funny” or “I happy”.  Trying to feed kitty Cheerios right up on the tray of his chair was one of these times.  In fact I think we are all happy to have this kitten around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment