Wednesday night Rick took the children to the Festival of Lights alone. I wish I could say that I got something done while he was gone but truth be told I would rather have been there with the rest of the family. Instead I was home in bed sick!!! Moms of 5 kids don’t have time for this the week before Christmas but what can you do? Anyway, he took the kids and they all had a good time. The really important part was that the kids got to see Santa. I will fill in here what I know about their trip.
Four kids pose with Frosty. Nathan LOVES snowmen!
The children got to sit on Santa’s lap and tell him what they want for Christmas and answer as to whether they had been naughty or nice!
The kids got to see some farm animals as they were out looking for Santa’s reindeer.
The photos do not do the Festival of Lights justice but it’s a nice try. This is a very impressive display they begin setting up months in advance.
The kids all got to write Santa a letter to let him know what they want.
Tristan didn’t know what he wanted so he requested a catalog.
Nathan wanted a candy cane and a present.
Kaitlyn wanted a yo-yo in her stocking and a Justin Bieber CD!!! They mailed their letters and continued on their walk.
Pretty lights.
The reindeer were found! They were resting up for the big night.
Rick got all five kids with the gingerbread man… just not all looking at the camera.
Candy cane forests and Christmas trees…
Light tunnels and nutcrackers. So many people were out enjoying the lights and the shows and the funnel cakes just a few days before Christmas. We may try to go back all together this week before it ends on New Years but at least the children got to talk to Santa Claus. A fun family tradition and I hated to miss it.
















No comments:
Post a Comment