Once each year on the longest day and the shortest night we celebrate our Summer Solstice with a dinner party of sorts. It’s become one of our favorite traditions.
For supper we prepared and served a large bowl of fresh cut strawberries, some freshly whipped cream, a still warm loaf of Fannie Farmer pound cake along with a carton of chocolate chip ice cream.
And there you have it; Strawberry Shortcake! It was DELICIOUS and there were seconds for any who wanted more. Plus if you were still hungry beyond that, there was a dessert of fresh broccoli.
Everyone, including Kaitlyn, decided that dinner was enough and they all passed on dessert tonight.
Sometimes I like being the grown-up and making a few rules of my own.
















What a yummy tradition! We had strawberry shortcake for father's day.
ReplyDeleteI'm coming to your house next summer solstice - yummmmmm!
ReplyDeleteDo you know how many times I'd like to just have ice cream for dinner?? I guess I haven't gotten used to being the grown up yet and being able to make new rules! Hee hee.... It is healthy though because there is calcium and fruit, not to mention the carbs from the pound cake. Your brain can't function properly with out carbs!
ReplyDelete