There is no such thing as “just” a brownie (unless it came from a box, maybe). I love all kinds of brownies and have tons of different recipes for them. A friend once asked me just how many recipes for brownies I had. Truthfully, I didn’t know but I know I’ve added to my brownie repertoire since then. Perhaps I have so many recipes for them because I am a born chocoholic or perhaps it is because I got used to trying different brownies growing up with my Mom on her never-ending quest for the “perfect” brownie she remembers from her childhood that her mother or grandmother used to make. Regardless, I always appreciate a good brownie.
Kaitlyn was assigned to make refreshments for Family Night this week as happens about once every seven weeks. Apparently she shares my love of brownies since often that’s what she chooses to make. This time, however, she said she needed to make brownies with chocolate chips. So I handed her a cookbook and five minutes later she pointed out “the” recipe. I suggest serving this brownie to a crowd… or hiding the extras from yourself in the freezer at least. I also suggest you have plenty of milk on hand.
Kaitlyn says she “looks like a goose” in the first picture! She doesn’t like her picture taken and is letting me know.
These are soooooo good! Sinful, really. … Could this be “the” recipe my Mom has been searching for??? Maybe if she tries it she can let me know.
Yields: 16 brownies
6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
1 c. softened butter
4 large eggs
2 c. white sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300. Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
Combine unsweetened baking chocolate and butter in a double boiler and heat (medium–low)until melted stirring occasionally. In large bowl beat eggs until light yellow in color-5 minutes. Add sugar and blend on low until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture. Blend on low until smooth. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into buttered pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Bake in center of oven 45-55 minutes. The batter should be set and toothpick come out clean. (Chocolate chips will be gooey but not the batter itself). Do NOT over bake.
Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Serve chilled.
Enjoy!
















No comments:
Post a Comment