While it’s not Thanksgiving anymore, 3/14 was celebrated as “Pi” day with at least a couple of pies. Lindsay made her own pie, chocolate chip of course, to bring to math class where they checked out the radius and circumference. Rick jumped on the band wagon with that since he was in charge of the FHE treat anyway and decided Pi day should be celebrated at home too. Any excuse for pie.
He made a squash pie. I say “squash” non-specifically because none of us can figure out if the pie was pumpkin or butternut. They are interchangeable with each other in recipes and deliciously similar in taste, texture and color. Next time I roast, puree and freeze garden fresh squash I will better label my containers. I think I was only expecting to have pumpkin and then ended up with a couple of humongous butternut from the park which I froze a bit of. Either way, DELICIOUS! Tristan’s code words; “more 3.14 please”!
















No comments:
Post a Comment