My sister could not come to lunch with us but had recommended that we try this place on our way to the historic sites in Palmyra called the Chill-N-Grill. I just like saying the name, even. So, on our own, we arrived to this little place, not much bigger than a stand. With two tiny tables inside right by the line (and there was a line) most of the seating was outdoors at a few picnic tables under canvas. Perfect! We placed our order and went outside to wait.
Being in “white hot” region Rick & I had to order our white hots with EVERYTHING (mustard, ketchup, onion, pickle relish, dill pickle slices and hot sauce) while we could get them. Our two youngest wolfed down red-hots, Lindsay got a bacon burger she swears is the best ever. There were french fries and onion rings to share as well and they were so good. And Tristan was different ordering pizza logs which were like egg rolls only filled with pizza toppings dipped in pizza sauce. Look at his string cheese! He got so excited he said he wanted to come back here for his birthday in one week. Hmmmm! I just need a jet! He also put it at the top of his list of favorite restaurants ever: Chill-N-Grill, Red Lobster & Olive Garden!!!
We had also heard about the legendary size of their ice cream cones here so we had to try them out. Nathan & Kaitlyn, who is sporting some ice cream somewhere there on her chin, got half kiddie cones while the rest of us ordered kiddie cones, including Rick & me. I got the chocolate vanilla twist while some of my kids ordered the fancier flavors they offered.
Check out the size of the kiddie cones! You should have seen the small cone.
Nathan eats his biggest meal of the day at lunchtime and this was no exception. This tired boy loved his meal. My kids were remarking how much they loved being up here and a few of them said they wished they lived here instead. While I certainly wouldn’t mind this I did tell them that they needed to remember that we WERE on vacation and if this was our home we wouldn’t have had time or money to do all these fun things at once in one week. We weren’t at home with our regular responsibilities and we had saved and set aside some money to do this. I think we’d been out to eat more in this one week than we had all the rest of the year put together and we were having a ball going places and seeing people. They said they knew that but they loved that there were farms everywhere, horses so close in to the city, water all over the place and it wasn’t nearly so hot to be outside. The kids had really been enjoying their week, especially with cousins. Rick & I were enjoying ourselves too, but we looked at each other, about on this day, and agreed that it is a lot of work to have this much fun with five kids.
















This place always has a line! You should see it during the Pageant. We usually sit at those table elbow to elbow with strangers. I have met new families in our ward that way though. We like their burgers and waffle fries. But our favorite thing is the chocolate vanilla twist kiddie cone. I didn't know you could get half size kiddies. I might have to do that. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It would have been fun to go together. We'll have to plan better next time, or better yet, the weather needs to cooperate (since we didn't do it the Friday before).
ReplyDelete