My youngest son knows several days of the week very well. He knows school days and stay at home days. He also gets excited over specific days; “Church Day” (Sunday, obviously), “Family Home Evening” (Monday) and “Pizza & Movie Night” (Friday). These three are practically holidays to him. Last Friday after school Nathan heard me out in the kitchen so he wandered into the kitchen and as he was pulling the chair over to the countertop to look into my bowl he started a conversation with me and asked “Flours”? I told him yes, there was flour in the bowl as he bent his head over to smell it. Sniff! Sniff! “Ahhhhhhh”, he sighed. Then he asked, “What you making?”
I told him “It’s pizza night! I’m making pizza”.
Nathan squealed with delight and yelled “Awesome”! That was the first time he ever used the word “awesome” in a conversation with me and I thought it was funny coming from his little mouth. I know exactly where he got this from as it is one of Lindsay’s favorite words currently. Things are different when you have a wide array of ages under one roof, for sure!
On this pizza night I was out of tomato sauce (I knew this ahead of time) which I usually use to doctor up into pizza sauce. So I got out a can of tomato paste and got to work making a classic italian pizza sauce. Then I quickly whisked together an alfredo sauce on the stove top for the second pizza, just because, and it reminded me of a pizza that my kids have tried before and loved. Both pizzas were very good but I think I prefer my usual tomato sauce base for pizza. It is quick, simple and I like its taste slightly better but I’m glad to know multiple ways and multiple ingredients to make a good pizza sauce.
















No comments:
Post a Comment