A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Telephone

My youngest son, Nathan, likes the telephone.  He does like to talk to his Dad on the phone once in a while so he has at least minimal experience with it.  Sometimes I see him in his crib having one of his animals talk on the phone calling for pizza.  What an imagination!  And how funny is that, considering we never call for pizza.  Never!  Last week there was one morning where Rick called me from work to tell me something while Nathan was eating his breakfast.  I guess he put two and two together that Dad is not here but we can still talk to him so if someone we want to talk to is not here then we can still just talk to them on the phone.  So a little while later I found that Nathan had gotten a chair, pulled it into the next room, had climbed up to get the phone down and was dialing.  I asked him quickly what he was doing.  He said he wanted to “talk to Porter” (his 18 month old cousin in New York).  Before he completed dialing to Timbuctu I hung up.  I told him we would have to call Porter on the phone sometime, not then, maybe when Porter was a little bit older.  Then Nathan climbed up to the dinner table yesterday and sidled up into his booster seat, looked at me and said “Porter moving?”  I said “yes, he’s moving far away.”  Then Nathan got a concerned look on his face and said “I see Porter.  I give him a hug.”  I tried to assure Nathan that we’d see Porter again and he would be able to give him a hug… only problem is I have no idea when.

DSCN3340

So this morning I find Nathan pulling his toy phone around the house, then dialing it and talking to his cousin Porter on the phone.

DSCN3341

He REALLY misses his little cousin from our visit a month ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment