A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Un-Birthday

Unfiled 418Unfiled 419

Friday Night 13 of us gathered around the table for an un-official and un-planned un-birthday celebration.  My Mom had this cake, we found a candle and we all figured it would be kind of fun to sing and share blowing out a single candle.  After all, we don’t see each other very often and we recognize that we’ve all had birthdays and gotten a little older.  The kids loved this right up to Haley who was still excited about her “half” birthday actually being the very next day reminding me that she will be an adult in just 3 1/2 years.  (This is where I remind her with a smile that then she’ll get to sit with me in R.S…. well, if I ever graduate from Primary).    But when did “half birthdays” go away though?  You never hear anyone saying proudly “I’m 35 1/2 now.  Only 27 1/2 more years to retirement”.  We enjoyed the cake and the company and had no trouble blowing out that candle as we each made a wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment