All five of my little ghosts and goblins managed to get home in time for trick or treating down our street and through the next neighborhood over. It is always an exciting time for these guys.
I managed to squeeze one more year out of my little clown costume that Nathan is wearing. All five kids have worn it for several Halloweens each. I made it 13 years ago when Haley was 18 months old. It now sports a small hole in the knee where falling down has happened one too many times. This costume has been well loved and I suppose is ready for retirement.
Next I have Darth Vader who informed me that he needs a black cape for next year and was still looking for his light saber (found in the garage just as we were leaving), a ghost pictured in the middle and on the far right we have “Bird Flu”. Haley’s costume got a bunch of good giggles out there, even in the dark.
And finally Kaitlyn is my little blue ballerina again this year.
Spooky didn’t have to dress up to be “spooky” but we did make sure he had a nice cozy place indoors where he wouldn’t be tempted to rush out the door and into the darkness. Safety first! Actually he doesn’t often go out at all and when he does he generally stays on or under our back deck.
Here’s the crew I took out to Trick or Treat. I think the jack-o-lanterns make it look like I have more children than I really do here.
Our trip through the neighborhood was a success. Nobody got lost, nobody got hurt and we got “just a little bit” spooked a few times. Candy munching and trading took place upon our return home. Rick and I freely took donations of any chocolate candy with nuts in exchange for left over bottle caps and nerds.
















No comments:
Post a Comment