Last week Tristan was distraught over this homework assignment of writing a short story using all of his Halloween spelling words for the week. I tried to persuade him that this was a fun assignment but frankly I think his attitude came because he was overtired after a long day with chess club AND a pack meeting at cub scouts to end it. Tristan ended up leaving this work, to his chagrin but my advice, until the next morning when it was due. Upon having a good night sleep he discovered that indeed this was a fun assignment and this was voted the “best” story in class. His teacher made him read it to everyone when she returned it with an “Excellent”! Nice work Tristan.
Halloween Nightmare 10/25/11
After Halloween my buddies and I were talking about our nightmares we had last night. My first friend said, “My nightmare had me going to a haunted house. Then a goblin and a monster jumped on me! They took me to a ghost and he said, ‘Come with me… see that door? Let’s go in. I spent some of the happiest years of my life chained to that very wall. I wasn’t always a ghost you know. AHa, Ha Ha, Ha!!! ‘ That frightened me a lot. Then my second friend went up. He said, “I went to an old barn. I saw a witch! She tried to use a spell on me, but I was too quick. Then I jumped out of my costume and mask because it was scary.” Then I went up. I said, “I was trick r’ treating and I went to a house. There were jack o’’ lanterns and pumpkins on the door way. I said ‘trick r’ treat’! and my dentist opened the door and said ‘You can not have any candy’! ‘Nooooooooooooooooooo’”! That’s the worst of all!
















No comments:
Post a Comment