If I ever somehow got spoiled at having the Sacred Grove right in my backyard, so to speak, with seminary trips there, magical youth testimony meetings and later casual rides up with YSA friends to walk the trails or sit on top of nearby Hill Cumorah just to talk, then at least having the temple nearby was never something I was able to take for granted. This temple wasn’t built or even announced until years after I was married and moved away. After driving 16 hours to the nearest temple one way when I was a youth it seems miraculous to have this temple right there. I would love to live near there now even more. Retirement???


I love to see the Temple,


I’m going there someday


To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.

For the Temple is a House of God; a place of love and beauty.

I’ll prepare myself while I am young. This is my sacred duty.
-1st verse of a favorite Primary song
No comments:
Post a Comment