A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Friday, June 1, 2012

Mother’s Day - 2012

Mother’s Day – a day to celebrate motherhood and a gentle reprieve for us from the crazy schedule that is May. Although being “Mom” is a rewarding roll in life, I can think of nothing harder that takes every skill you’ve cultivated, all your courage and stretches your patience to the brink of capacity.  Motherhood is a unique combination of endurance and wonderful all rolled into one.  The stakes are high and there is no let down ever; no vacation, no time off, you’re always “on call” and there is no room for failure.  In fact, no other success could compensate for failure here.  Needless to say, I believe being a Mom is important.

DSCN5119DSCN5122

I got a flower and some cupcakes from my older girls.  We got together for a photo to put out there for my Mom, the children’s “faraway” Grandma, to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day.  My middle child made some gifts for me and my youngest two made me some pictures and paintings to go with poems which I will have to go back and get a picture of.  Each gift was very sweet.

DSCN5120

My husband took over the kitchen during part of the afternoon and came up with a giant cookie in the end.

DSCN5124DSCN5123

A delicious dessert to share together as a family and some plain old good goofy fun shared around the table together.  Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment