It wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without a cup of Grammy’s recipe for “Nog” and a few black olives to snack on. We ate, listened to some music and played a few games before a premature countdown for the younger kids. I love the mustache and the manicure!
The game “Twister” takes up whatever room was left in the Living Room that the tree didn’t take up. I think we play this game all the time in this house. Who needs the mat?
Nathan loved one last night with his favorite thing about Christmas as he played “Attack of the Tree.”
He really gets around the room these days and now sports his ability to get up and “rock” on his elbows and knees. Such a cute stage…wish it would last!
I love Christmas but…how soon can I take my tree down so I have room to move in the house again?
At midnight, Haley, Lindsay, Rick and I toasted the new year with Sparkling Grape Juice as we watched the ball drop on our new flat screen TV. We finished playing a fun game of “Blokus” as we had hopes that this year might be a little bit “nicer” to us. The kids enjoyed telling us lists of things like “This year Nathan was born” and then after midnight “Next year Haley will be in High School!” Let’s take change one year at a time.
New Year’s Resolution…Everything is connected…so it involves a whole list of things that I should, need and want to be doing…can’t have one without the other. Life is like building a block tower and every so often life knocks your tower down near the base. With a brand new baby and then a HUGE disruption with bugs in the house all in the same month, I’ve been operating in survival mode for the last 6 months. So far, I’m keeping up with the list. I guess my resolution is “WRITE IT DOWN”.
I love this little guy!
He just got his 6th tooth in!
Happy 2010!
















No comments:
Post a Comment