A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kitty Dynamics

DSCN7605

DSCN7604

Anyone who’s ever met Cindi knows she was not a natural born lap kitty.  Every passing year has tamed her and Samantha did her best to teach Cindi to behave (not easy).  Cindi looked to Samantha as a mother and I think she is really missing her.  The first day Samantha was gone Cindi would not eat and slept and stared at us from the carrier that had been placed in the kitchen that Samantha so often used in her last months.  Normally you can’t get Cindi near a carrier.  She KNOWS where that takes her.

DSCN7642

Our cat Sara is patiently waiting for some dinner in Samantha’s second favorite place… the warmest spot on the floor; heat created from the refrigerator motor.  This spot was/is second only to the vent of course.  Samantha had warm spots and sunshine down to a science in this house.

Anyone who’s known Cindi any length of time simply won’t believe the lap kitty she’s become.  Can you believe she plopped herself in Kaitlyn’s lap for a hug?  Lately she is hungry for affection.

DSCN7639DSCN7641

This cat has taken years to have any patience with children but seems to crave their attention and love being part of the family now.

 

 

 

What’cha got???DSCN7624

 

Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the kids have good things to eat that she likes to eat as well.  Nathan does look a little startled to have Cindi up in his high chair with him.  For all the pulled tails there have been, kids do have their perks!

We are all adjusting to being without Samantha.  I still find myself expecting to see her in her favorite kitchen spot and I really miss that she’s not there anymore.  I know she’s in a better place now.  I like how my sister Rachael put it when she said “all cats must go to heaven because it wouldn’t be heaven to me without them.”  I couldn’t agree with her more.  Samantha was more to me than a pet or even a friend.  She was a  beloved member of the family.  We miss her.  We are adjusting to life without her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just love that first picture of Cindi and Kailtyn. You're right, I cannot believe what a lap kitty she has become, I would never have thought. In fact, when I first glanced through the pictures, I had to look closely whether that was Cindi or Sara. I knew it looked more like Cindi, but just couldn't believe what a sweet little snuggler she was! I feel so bad for Cindi and Sara wondering what happened to their big sister, it is so sad and they don't understand. Your kitties were always so close. I loved in the slideshow the pictures of them all piled together for a nap. I remember seeing them do that at times, I think it's so sweet. My two never did that. The closest they got was Aiden sat down on a sleeping Isabelle a couple times (I guess he didn't realize she was there!?) which she really didn't appreciate. And occasionally Aiden would lick Isabelle which I thought was cute and sweet but Isaac thought perhaps was because Aiden thought she was stinky and needed to clean herself, so he was showing her (which could in fact have been the truth). I love this whole post. I've been imagining lately how Aiden is going to be with our baby and I can definitely imagine him doing some of these things, like hopping up to the high chair to see what treats they might have to nibble on. So cute!

    ReplyDelete