We have just about had our average annual snowfall around here and I think by the end of this “storm” we will be over average (about 24 inches is our average annual snowfall…a few years ago only 7 inches fell in one year!!!) I’m fully expecting there to be no school for the next day or maybe two. We were so confident that no one bothered to put their pajamas on inside out OR backwards tonight. A trip to the grocery store and two trips to the fabric store and I am set to keep busy, if I wasn’t already.
Here is a picture of the quilt I made last winter. I love the pinwheels. It is based off of a quilt that Laura Ingalls would have made in her time period. It is meant for a girl and of course I had a boy instead. Nathan got the teddy bear quilt in the pattern of “summer windows” that I had made in the winter of 06 before Kaitlyn was born. This may be the best quilt I ever made so it sits on my rocker where I can at least admire it even if no one gets to use it.
Here is the back of the quilt with rose fabric strips from the front and toile in pink and white.
I am not quilting this week but I am having some fun making baby things for my sisters who are both expecting.
So bring on the SNOW!
















No comments:
Post a Comment