A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dangerous Chocolate Cake (in a mug)

I got this recipe from my visiting teacher and had to try it.  Why is this the most dangerous chocolate cake in the world???  Because you are just 5 minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night!  It makes just enough for one if you really need a chocolate fix or for 2 if you are feeling a little more virtuous.  ANYONE can make this.  It is fun to fix, fun to watch and fun to eat.  So “get thee hence” to the microwave. 

1 coffee mug

4 Tbsp. flour

4 Tbsp. sugar

2 Tbsp. cocoa

1 egg

3 Tbsp. milk

3 Tbsp. oil

splash of vanilla

3 Tbsp. choc. chips

chocolate syrup

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with fork. 

Add egg, mix thoroughly.  (Looks like thick hot chocolate)

DSCN8047 Pour in milk, oil, vanilla and mix well. 

Add chips and stir in.

Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes.

Watch!

Cake WILL rise over top of mug…don’t be alarmed.  It doesn’t spill. 

DSCN8048 Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired.

Top with Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.

DSCN8050

 

Quick!  Easy!  Fun!

 

Now go get a glass of milk!

1 comment:

  1. This is dangerous to me at the moment because I am away from any ingredients!! I might have a panic attack thinking of how long I have to wait to get to them!! I guess it is not a good idea to read these things at work. LOL!

    ReplyDelete