A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Monday, February 1, 2010

Warranty???

HELP!!!

Saturday night the check engine light came on in the van for it’s VSC system (not a red light, however) and has something to do with it’s auto traction. It’s under warranty so I need to find time to take that in.

This morning the furnace did not kick on by itself. I thought it was a bit chilly in here. Turns out it just wanted it’s filter cleaned. (I’ve actually paid a service fee to be told that one before).

Last night I had just finished making dinner when my husband came in and put my pot of soup on “simmer select” so it wouldn’t be too hot. Two seconds later there was a huge popping noise which I assumed to be a birthday balloon popping, but followed by an explosion of light. The 3 year old stove…DEAD! Just past its warranty.

A split second of panic as to how I’m going to feed 7 people with no oven or stove followed by an epiphany that my Aunt Jacquie once survived years with nothing more than a toaster oven! No sweat! And there’s always cereal!

Tonight’s experiment with cooking in the microwave is proving…interesting! Thank goodness for the crock pot portion of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment