A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowmageddon Part III (Cincinnati Style)

DSCN7979

The weather man issued an icicle warning for the area the other day. Rick issued one himself when he got pelted with one last night opening the back door. These are small next to the ones on my next door neighbors house and others I have seen while out and about.

Today is the third snow storm in 10 days and very little of any of it has melted as the temperature only nears 32 degrees some days. Another 8 – 10 inches fall today. This is very rare here to have this much snow on the ground all at once. I have spent 16 winters here now and this is the first time I remember snow lingering before it snows again on top of what’s already there. I feel a little more at home right now and I think the place looks a lot better with a blanket of snow. I hate the stark dead look it sports so many winters. Bonus…you can’t tell that I haven’t finished raking my leaves! We are way over our annual snowfall now by 20 inches. We have had 23.1 inches in the past 10 days. That is less than an inch shy of our average ANNUAL snowfall just in 10 days - and we are expecting more this weekend! Today we broke a record for snowfall on this date.

DSCN7985

DSCN7988

Tomorrow is our 5th and final snow/calamity day allowed by the state. The kids are planning to go out and finish making their igloos.

DSCN7983

DSCN7986

We decided to dig around the storage area to come up with some warmer winter gear. We found a mismatch assortment in various sizes that fit, or almost fit, most of which have come down here from Rochester as hand – me – downs over the years.

DSCN7987

While Kaitlyn was able to find a pair of boys Winnie the Pooh boots her size, Tristan found that the only snow pants his size were girls…but they were blue and he liked how the material felt so he wore them. Haley opted to put on fleece pajamas over her clothes and they kept her warm.

The kids had a ball and stayed outside for quite a while even after they were called in for homemade Tacos.

DSCN7989

My little “snow-girl”.

No comments:

Post a Comment