A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Tonight at dinner we enjoyed the first fruits of our outdoor labors.  We hope it’s just the beginning of our best garden yet…

DSCN9236

DSCN9238

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN9237

DSCN9239

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN9241

DSCN9245

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN9243

DSCN9244

3 comments:

  1. Is your garden in containers or ground or both? I'm trying to grow some basil in the ground and something(!) is eating it. I was told to try putting it in a pot and getting up off the ground. Crazy, huh?, but I guess I'm going to give it a try.

    Your 'stuff' looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've got plenty of room (outdoors)for a summer solstice party next year. Come on over! And as for my garden, this year I'm using both pots and raised beds for square foot gardening. Our soil here is more like clay, no matter what I've tried to do to it, so I have more control over soil conditions now and it seems to be working in my favor. Also, my sunny areas are limited and I have deer who like to eat some of my food too! Good luck with your basil... I agree that potting it may help. I was just thinking I'd like to add that in with the cilantro that I'm growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sandy soil and we put in peat moss, manure, and top soil every couple of years to keep the soil rich. John works very hard getting it all mixed in. I do my best but he is a little stronger than I am. The garden looks great and I would love to come to the summer solstice party next year but unfortunately for us Greg is still in school at that time... Until the end of the summer solstice week. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete