After spending the afternoon at Rachael’s & Isaac’s house once our church meetings were over, we enjoyed letting the babies sleep and getting some dinner together. Then we took a short drive to a nearby park along the Erie Canal. This canal path runs from Buffalo to Albany and was a favorite place for me to ride my bike to when I had some free time during my college years. I’d go with friends, boyfriends, my Aunt, cousin Michael or even just alone. There was nothing better than a free Saturday or after summer classes on a weekeday when I would take a water bottle and a sac lunch and ride out 40 miles or so, well past Palmyra, stop on the docks to dangle my feet and take a break to watch the boats at the locks. If a rain storm popped up, I’d just find a bridge and sit under it with other bikers until the worst was over. I LOVE this canal.
Tonight I took a stoller on the path instead of a bike and we walked about 30 minutes toward Rochester. With a group, I’m sure we didn’t go too much distance, but it was very enjoyable.
Porter and Nathan both enjoyed their rides.
We had to get Tristan out of the trees again when it was getting dark and was time to leave.
















No comments:
Post a Comment