A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Welcome Jackson

Four hours after my arrival home, my 8th nephew made his way into the world at Highland Hospital in Rochester, NY.  Mom and I were sitting in the kitchen visiting when the phone rang letting us know that my sister would be having a stat C-section due to cord prolapse.  My Mom was going to run over to the hospital across the street.  I told her to jump into the van and I would drop her off so she wouldn’t lose any time.  My sister wanted her there as they wheeled her into recovery.  She made it. 

DSCN9476

Meet the 14th grandchild; Jackson Robert Childs. 

Born at 2:53 a.m. on July 10th he was 9 lbs 3 oz.  22 3/4 inches in length.  Mom and babe are doing well.    

DSCN9459

Saturday morning I walked Big Brother Greg across the street to meet his baby brother for the very first time.  Greg was shocked at how tiny the baby was… and this is a good sized baby!

DSCN9431

I got a chance to meet my nephew ON his BIRTH day.  How lucky I was!  Sadly, I’m certain I will never have that opportunity again, to meet my siblings babies in the hospital!!!

DSCN9432

Happy Birthday, Jackson!  Welcome to the World, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment