In all, we spent 4 1/2 hours up in Highland Park leaving the house a little quieter for my Mom to sleep. We were about two months late for the Lilacs that fill the breezy air with their fragrances during the month of May but there was still plenty to do and see. The last half of our time up in the park we spent following along trails around the reservoir and meandering through the park, finding the best climbing trees on the way. There are sooooo many to choose from. The kids had a fantastic time being together.
Kaitlyn shouted “Mom! Isn’t this the cutest little tree”? This Lilac was just about her size.
Do these two look like siblings?
The trees make fantastic houses to play in. Hide and Seek is lots of fun here, too.
During early morning hours I remember this hillside is covered in rabbits.
We found the moon rock.
Nathan fell asleep for his first trip to the “Moon Rock”.
This was Kaitlyn’s first trip to sit on the moon rock, too.
Here is a nice view from the top of Highland Hill looking roughly south into the distance.
There is usually a light breeze in this city during the summertime which eases the heat of summer and reminds me of why I grew up thinking only the rich and famous had central air.
The kids check out the map of the park to see where they’ve been all afternoon with their Dad/Uncle.
Here is a squirrel that struck us as unusual… he had a great deal of white on him. When I moved to Rochester at the age of 14, I remember thinking that all the squirrels were old. The squirrels I knew where brown and occasionally black if they’d crossed the bridge with their passports. I didn’t know that squirrels changed color according to region until that point.
The crew heads back down the hill after a fun afternoon. The cousins/siblings line up in order of age.
This boy is completely relaxed. What a fun afternoon.
Back at home we found the sweet surprise of Porter waiting for us to visit with him! Once kids finally got to bed later on, his Mom and I had the pleasure of visiting till the wee hours of morning. There are a few people in the world that I could talk with forever. My sister is one of them, I’ve decided.
















No comments:
Post a Comment