A Day in the Life...

Our Story

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Irondequoit Bay 7/14/10

My very most favorite place to get a cheeseburger in the whole world is at a little diner on the Bay called Don’s Original.  If I had a jet I’d go a whole lot more often.  All five of my children have had their first pickle at this place and I think Nathan had to wait the longest of any of them for his.  It is a fun, light hearted place to be and there is always a lake breeze on a hot day.  The place is busy even during the winter time when one is not necessarily looking for an excuse to catch a breeze.

DSCN9638

I always get a cheeseburger char grilled with everything including the hot sauce on a hard roll with onion rings and a root beer (unless it’s winter and then I get a milk shake because it is not custard season). 

DSCN9636

DSCN9637

Our family sort of took over the side porch.  We could see the rides at Sea Breeze in the distance out the window.  One of these summers we’ll have to save and go there with the kids. 

DSCN9643

DSCN9644

Nathan enjoyed his grilled cheese sandwich with a couple of shared fries while Kaitlyn opted for a hot dog.

DSCN9650

DSCN9645

DSCN9649

Nathan wasn’t too sure about his first dill pickle.

DSCN9653

DSCN9654

Porter also had his first pickle tonight.

DSCN9658

DSCN9660

 

 

My boys love their little cousin.

DSCN9661

After dinner we walked across the street to walk the pier and get a good look at the Bay.

DSCN9662 

The Bay Bridge is in the distance.  Crossing it in the wintertime can be quite the adventure as I experienced many nights going to work when I was at Thompson Professional Publishing in Webster.

DSCN9663

We look beyond the Bay at Lake Ontario.

DSCN9664

Lots of birds come to the rocks where many people sit with fishing poles in the evening.

DSCN9665

My kids love going out on the rocks to look at the water and to see the birds and boats.

DSCN9666

Plus they are just plain fun to climb around on.

DSCN9667 \

Look at all these birds!  It’s particularly humorous to see them get mad at the boaters.  Years ago there was one swan that would chase every boat that passed by him with a vengeance. 

DSCN9671

The sunset beyond the beach was promising to be a beautiful one.

DSCN9672

A few people are out swimming tonight.  Tristan thinks we’re at the ocean!!!  I assured him it was just a lake.  We don’t see too much water where he is growing up and I guess that’s obvious.

DSCN9673

The pier is a favorite place to relax and breath fresh air.

DSCN9674

This is a picture of the Bay from the boardwalk.

DSCN9676

The children are happily sitting and observing on the rocks.  Tristan and Lindsay are impressed with the spiders down under them. 

DSCN9680

The sunset is gorgeous tonight so I took numerous pictures as the sun sank in the west.  Pictures still don’t do it justice.

DSCN9681

DSCN9682

Porter and his Mommy are enjoying the evening breezes after a warm day.

DSCN9683

I caught my Dad standing out on the rocks with his camera, too.

DSCN9685

Looking westward you can see Charlotte in the distance.

DSCN9686

DSCN9687

These two get some visiting time in.

DSCN9689

DSCN9691

These two are practically inseparable.

DSCN9692

My sister and I posed with our babies.

DSCN9693

This looks across the bay at some of the beachfront properties.  The windows caught some of the sun’s reflection and looked like they were set on fire.  

DSCN9696

Haley took a picture of herself against the backdrop of the setting sun.  Beautiful girl!

DSCN9700

The little light house sits at the end of the pier.

DSCN9701

Lots of boats are out on the waters this night.  It makes me wish for a sail boat.

DSCN9704

Nathan is loving all of the sights but missing his stroller which is still trying to dry out from yesterday’s weather which we got caught in.

DSCN9705 

DSCN9707

Haley swore you could see the sun actually moving during it’s final few minutes of giving light.

DSCN9708

DSCN9710

DSCN9711

DSCN9712

DSCN9713

Here there are a plentiful number of sea gulls flying through the air.  I usually only see them in the zoo anymore since we don’t have them where I live now.  Crazy!

DSCN9714

The sun sank below the horizon at about 8:40 in the evening.  It was a beautiful sight.  We ended the evening by bringing home some containers of chocolate custard to share.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment