I don’t use the TV as a babysitter often but my children do like to watch a little PBS while I take advantage of the opportunity to make lunch and they’re not so busy thinking about their hungry tummies. So while Nathan is standing in the emptied book basket and watching TV he still finds time inside of the 10 minutes that I’m out of the room to do a little redecorating of our living room.
One time when I left the house suddenly without cleaning up, Rick came home from work before I returned and thought we’d been robbed. Am I aware of what Nathan is doing while I’m out of the room? I will say that usually I am. “Usually” is the key word. Kids who are hungry usually make great “cleaner-uppers” since they know there is a good meal coming their way as soon as the work is done. Having a place for everything and singing our “Clean-up Time” song make this impossible looking task complete in five minutes or less! Thank Goodness!!! Some children are a little more destructive at this age than others.
This redecorating job won’t be quite as easy to fix. Nathan has been busy peeling off my border print next to his bed… and they aren’t great big pieces he’s pulling off that can “easily” be pasted back into place. He will not leave it alone and I keep trying to keep his bed pulled away from the wall where he can’t reach. Tristan insists that his little brother makes the crib roll closer to the wall all by himself. Now, this was the first room in our house that we decorated (nearly 15 years ago now) so I guess that is a good long time for a kid’s room to survive, especially one that has served 5 babies. But I’m a little sad.
















No comments:
Post a Comment